Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snapcase

RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R Empty
PostSubject: RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R   RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 5:04 am

Hi and congratulations for the Remix OS concept.

I had trouble in the past trying to use the ASIO4all driver with this card in win. It reported it as beyond its logic. ASIO4all seems to work with everything but not with RME cards. Did you ever tested RME cards with the WineASIO driver? Any chances to make it work?

In other hand I have a Black Lion Audio upgraded Digi 002 card I barely use due to the crap drivers for Win Vista 64. It doesn't work good with ASIO4all either. Some days work some days don't. It still works flawlessly in older Mac and Win systems I stopped using. Is it tested for Remix/WineASIO? Might it be my main sound card for Reaper? That would be great. It sounds so good after the upgrade. I would like to see it working and in use again instead of only collecting dust on top of my rack... Well. it will collect dust anyway... but I'd like to get the dust roasted!

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R   RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Sorry. I am out of internet for a few days. Will answer later.
Back to top Go down
https://remix-os.forumotion.com
Snapcase

PostSubject: Re: RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R   RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:34 am

Huh... a long while since I asked this question and I completely forgot about Remix OS Sad But the bug is prowling around here again.

I want to give a try to Remix OS in a flash drive install but I have the same doubt. Will my firewire sound card work? No more Digi 002R around. I gave it to my ex-girlfriend. only RME FF800 here. Will upgrade to a HDSP 9652 anytime soon. I know it works, but for now I'll have to stick with the FF800.

Any help will be welcome.
Back to top Go down
CodeLurker

PostSubject: Re: RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R   RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 1:32 pm

My guess would be that it would not work. Wine only implements some of the XP functionality thus far, and driver level logic seems like a relatively low priority. On the other hand, as posted elsewhere in these forums, I have been able to get my Presonus FireWire device running in Jack, with only having to restart it say every other day or so. I have tested it with audio devices. When running Reaper, Jack Control had to be run as root.

On the other hand, it would be great to know that ASIO4ALL ran under Wine. Since you are the one who wants to know, why don't you just try it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R   RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RME Fireface 800 and Digi 002R
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Forums :: Hardware & Drivers-
Jump to: