Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How about a better X Terminal Emulator?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CodeLurker

How about a better X Terminal Emulator? Empty
PostSubject: How about a better X Terminal Emulator?   How about a better X Terminal Emulator? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:01 pm

I'm sure there's a better app for a command prompt that is not KDE or Gnome. I'd like to find one and/or have it as part of the distro, that can:

1) copy AND paste text from the desktop clipboard into the window
2) allow you to set your font for its window without having to edit configuration files manually.
3) perhaps has a help file
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How about a better X Terminal Emulator?   How about a better X Terminal Emulator? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:44 am

Switch to the GNOME Terminal (Menu -> Setiings -> Preffered applications -> Utilities) - it has all that possibilities.
Back to top Go down
https://remix-os.forumotion.com
CodeLurker

PostSubject: Re: How about a better X Terminal Emulator?   How about a better X Terminal Emulator? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:18 pm

I thought the idea was an XFCE-based distro that didn't depend on Gnome or KDE. I don't really know. I'm a relative Linux newbie. I read a few posts that claimed that PulseAudio conflicts with Jack2. I know I never got Jack2 working in Kubuntu, but perhaps I am using it properly now. If I pull in Gnome, will that also pull in PulseAudio? I know that when I tried to remove PulseAudio from Kubuntu, it removed my entire KDE desktop, and upon reboot, dropped me into text mode! Is there not a non-Gnome, non-KDE terminal to use that is a little less minimalist; or does anybody know of Jack2 and PulseAudio play well together? (I have a firewire pro audio device that only works with Jack.)
Back to top Go down
CodeLurker

PostSubject: Re: How about a better X Terminal Emulator?   How about a better X Terminal Emulator? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:37 am

I noticed that if I went into Settings | Preferred Applications | Utilities tab, and chose Terminal Emulator, I could choose the Gnome terminal emulator. It is already installed, but for unknown reasons, the relatively useless XTerminal Emulator is enabled by default.
Back to top Go down
CodeLurker

PostSubject: Re: How about a better X Terminal Emulator?   How about a better X Terminal Emulator? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:49 am

I think the best terminal emulator for a XFCE distro is called:

xfce4-terminal

It is in Synaptic, and installs with no problem. You can change this to be the preferred terminal emulator in Settings | Preferred Applications | Terminal Emulator. It will be lightweight, and allows for cut and paste, and changing of fonts and window size.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about a better X Terminal Emulator?   How about a better X Terminal Emulator? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How about a better X Terminal Emulator?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Forums :: Linux Software & Applications-
Jump to: