Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GRUB2 Nightmare

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MR4Y

GRUB2 Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: GRUB2 Nightmare   GRUB2 Nightmare I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:18 am

Well, where to begin?

I installed the x64 version. Everything seemed fine, until I tried to boot back into Windows 7 x64. Grub2 didn't detected the partitions the right, and I wasn't able to find any solutions to my problem due to syntax differences between grub.cfg files. Grub2 wouldn't boot Windows 7 in it's primary partition. I had RemixOS installed on a logical partition, same HD. Updating both grub and grub2 didn't solve a thing. Since I couldn't find out the solution, I uninstaled RemixOS and restored my previous W7 mbr install(another nightmare for the most part).

There's a way to make the grub2 config less nightmarish?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

GRUB2 Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRUB2 Nightmare   GRUB2 Nightmare I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:04 pm

There could be a few reasons of the problem, and one of them is a broken MBR on your hard disk. Reinstalling Windows could fix it, so from now you can try to install Remix_OS again. To be sure it work, at first you can make a testing installation on to USB stick or external HDD (installing Grub also there, not touching anything on your HDD) to see if Grub can detect your Windows partition.
Back to top Go down
https://remix-os.forumotion.com

GRUB2 Nightmare
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Forums :: Installation & Boot-
Jump to: