Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Firewire audio in Reaper

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CodeLurker

Firewire audio in Reaper Empty
PostSubject: Firewire audio in Reaper   Firewire audio in Reaper I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:11 pm

I have gotten my Presonus FP-10 to work under Jack, as it is the only Linux sound system that has FireWire drivers, which I need. I did have to figure out which device settings to use, but then it came right up. I can use Ardour, and other Jack-enabled apps; and even enabled the ALSA to send sounds to it, as I installed one of the Ubuntu equivalents of the alsa-plugins (libasound2-plugins I believe) and added the ALSA script given on the ArchLinux Jack Audio Connection Kit page. It would be handy to have say, a shortcut for enabling ALSA to send all sound to Jack like this with the distro, BTW.

However, when I go into Reaper, I can't get any sound. This is not entirely surprising, given the post in this same forum of a bug enumerating Jack connections: "Wineasio, alsa_in, more than 16 inputs". When I choose ASIO and click ASIO Configuration, nothing happens; which is a little more surprising. If I choose WDM, DirectSound or WaveOut, I get no sound either, which is more surprising; although it appears to play.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get sound out of Reaper in Linux over Firewire? Interestingly, in MacOS, my Presonus is recognized in bootup with no configuration - no starting Jack, no telling it what device to use. That being said, getting it up in Jack didn't seem especially painful. I presume that getting ASIO to run is the way to go in Linux, as it clearly is better in Windows than the M$ alternatives.

While Ardour looks great, I'd like to get Reaper working, as I'd like to be able to run some Windows VST's under Linux.

TIA,
CodeLurker
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Firewire audio in Reaper   Firewire audio in Reaper I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:52 am

If you use Remix_OS 64-bit version, you have to start/stop jack under root after botting before starting Reaper.
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=931190&postcount=262http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=931190&postcount=262
Back to top Go down
https://remix-os.forumotion.com
CodeLurker

PostSubject: Re: Firewire audio in Reaper   Firewire audio in Reaper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:17 pm

That did the trick. Thanks very much. It is the JackCtl app comes up when I click on configuring ASIO. It played sound back fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firewire audio in Reaper   Firewire audio in Reaper I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Firewire audio in Reaper
Page 1 of 1