Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remix os Softwares

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
culebra

Remix os Softwares Empty
PostSubject: Remix os Softwares   Remix os Softwares I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Congratulations for this Os!

Some comments:
you should replace firefox with Google chromium which is more simple and lighter.
And also change "image viewer" with "Ristretto" which is an XFCE software.

you should choose between VLC and Gnome player, i thing we can do the same things with both programs.

Great work, we support u!

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Remix os Softwares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remix os Softwares   Remix os Softwares I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:36 am

culebra wrote:
Congratulations for this Os!

Some comments:
you should replace firefox with Google chromium which is more simple and lighter.
And also change "image viewer" with "Ristretto" which is an XFCE software.

you should choose between VLC and Gnome player, i thing we can do the same things with both programs.

Great work, we support u!

Thank you so much!

1) It's a common mistake, that Chrome works better in Linux. I am not a fan of Firefox, but noe it is a standart for most web-sites, and some of them doesn't work properly with other browsers - especially online shops, airflight companies sites and so on.
If you don't like Firefox you can install Chromium from Synaptic in two clicks. And you can uninstall Firefox there, if you hate it Very Happy . You can also try Midori or Epiphany.
The most problem for browsers in Linux is a the Adobe flash player. Sometimes it takes a lot of memory and CPU power - not only in Firefox. You can fix it, if you right-click on any flash window and deselect "Hardware acceleration". You n also disabler flash form Tools -> Add-ons, when you don't need it.

2) There is no Image Viewer in the final Remix_OS release. There's a menu says so, but it's the Gthumb - very powerful viewer with a lot of function. Ristretto is a light software, but it will also install Chromium - so the distro will be 60 Mb bigger. But you can feel free to install it by yourself.

3) VLC is good for video, especially for live TV streaming. Mplayer works better with audio.
Back to top Go down
https://remix-os.forumotion.com

Remix os Softwares
Page 1 of 1