Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remix Newbie Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zardoz

Remix Newbie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Remix Newbie Questions   Remix Newbie Questions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:51 am

Hello,
First post, just some general questions ...
a) I like Linux, and the only thing keeping me on Windows is Reaper. Tried messing with Ardour but Jack control was just a nightmare, and I couldn't live without my VSTs. So, how difficult is Remix, roughly, compared to using Reaper in Windows?
b) How about drivers for outboard gear? Latency in Linux is so low, I could get away with plugging straight in, but ideally I'd like to use my Steinberg box.
c) I love the way Mint just finds wireless drivers, flash and stuff. Is this distro that user-friendly?
d) Just a BTW, there don't seem to be any seeds for the torrent, and that Russian download site is spooky. If someone can point me to a working torrent, I'll seed indefinitely.
Thanks for reading, looking forward to this project.
Back to top Go down
zardoz

Remix Newbie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remix Newbie Questions   Remix Newbie Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:50 am

Fuck it, I'll answer myself.
a) It's OK for basic operation, you don't need Jack to use Reaper. VSTs work fine.
b) Don't know yet, doesn't recognize my Steinberg box tho.
c) Just fine, flash & wireless work out of the box.
d) Use the creepy Russian website, but don't let it install any fucking add-ons.

Back to top Go down

Remix Newbie Questions
Page 1 of 1